It’s here. On Tuesday, April 16th the third and final book in my trilogy will arrive. I’m really honored that so many readers have chosen to come on this adventure with me. Thank you for jumping into this world and following these characters. I’m honored to head to the finish line with you. Here are a few announcements/updates:
- I have two public events for launch week. I’ll be at Quail Ridge Books on Monday, April 22nd. Find the event link here: Quail Ridge Event. The other event will be at Best of Books in Edmond, Oklahoma (near Oklahoma City). The link to their event is here: Oklahoma Event.
- Other public appearances include Minneapolis on May 10th for the first annual Wordplay Festival. From there, I’ll visit Denver for the Denver Pop Con. See you there if you’re in the area!
- I have another MG series coming out in September: Saving Fable
More announcements soon!
Hey everyone! It’s been a little while, but I’m happy to announce that my debut middle grade– SAVING FABLE– has a cover. It was revealed on Mr. Schu’s blog earlier today. Follow the link to give it a look: Saving Fable’s Cover
This past fall, Hurricane Florence devastated Wilmington, NC and the surrounding areas of Eastern NC. I’ve been visiting Wrightsville Beach since I was five. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with several librarians to visit several schools in that area in the past. After Florence came through, we cancelled several upcoming visits, as the schools and libraries got hit pretty hard. A lot of damage to books, shelves, and more.
We want to fix this. So we’re putting out a call– teaming up with Lisa Coley at Trask Middle– to donate books back into this area and give these students hundreds of new reasons to be excited to come back to newly stocked libraries. Here are the requests:
- Please donate new/like new books.
- Please donate young adult and middle grade books only.
- When possible, hardcover books are appreciated.
- Authors with extra copies of their books, please send in!
- If you have some new YA/MG book you’re excited about? I bet some kids would be thrilled by it to! Consider sending their way
Books can be mailed to:
405 Village Loop Drive Apex, NC 27502
Attn: Lisa Coley
Trask Middle School, 2900 N College Rd, Wilmington, NC 28405
ALL BOOKS WILL GO TO KIDS. Trask Middle will process all the incoming gifts and if they get duplicates, they’ll pass them on to other libraries that were similarly damaged. Can’t wait to make a difference for these kids and flood their library with great new books! Thanks for being willing to help us out. If you have questions, ask below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that the ebook for Nyxia– the first book in my sci-fi trilogy– is just $1.99 for a limited time on Amazon. Follow the link for more details:
Nyxia Ebook – $1.99
It’s been a little while, but I wanted to write a quick update for everyone about the upcoming release of NYXIA UNLEASHED. This book required a lot of work. I’ve written before about the process for this one, and how I had to rewrite about 85% of the book. Thankfully, with the help of my editor, writing friends, and family I was able to take the story in the right direction. I’m honestly so proud of this story and of the final book in the series. I can’t wait for our journey with Emmett to continue on July 17th.
The Goodreads page is currently full of amazing positive reviews for the book, but my favorite words come from recent #1 NY Times Bestselling author of Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi. This is what she had to say about NYXIA UNLEASHED: “A thrilling space adventure with an incredibly diverse cast. I couldn’t put this sequel down!”
A few quick details about launch week and the book for local folks:
- I have an event at the Cary Barnes and Noble on Tuesday, July 17th: Event Info Here
- I have a ticketed event at Quail Ridge on Saturday, July 21st: Event Info Here
- I’ll be in conversation with NY Times bestselling author Nic Stone in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday, July 18th: Event Info Here
- I also have events at three other bookstores in North Carolina! I’ll be at Main Street Books (Davidson, NC) on July 19th, Barnes and Noble Mayfaire (Wilmington) on July 22nd, Bookmarks NC on July 23rd. I’d love to see you out at any of those locations!
- I’m visiting Lufkin Road Middle, East Cary Middle, Holly Grove Middle, Salem Middle, and Pine Hollow Middle. If you have a student at these schools, please know we’re offering a special deal ONLY during launch week for students. They can get book one and book two for just $20. Ask librarians and teachers for more information!
- Book two will be available in e-format, audiobook, and hard cover.
- Nyxia‘s paperback is about to be available! It will be on sale in June.
- A little bird also tells me Nyxia will have an e-sale in July. It will be available for just $2.99
- Book three is scheduled to release next spring. Considering where we are in edits, I’d highly suspect that we’ll finish out the series just a year and a half after it launched!
As always, I would really appreciate your support during launch week. That first week is just such a big deal for me and my publisher. It sets the tone to the rest of the world on expectations for the book and how well received it will be, etc. So if you’re in a position to do so, I’d definitely encourage you to either pre-order NYXIA UNLEASHED or buy it some time during that first week. It really helps so much.
I’m so excited to continue this journey with you! Thanks again to everyone who has read the first book and fallen in love with these characters. Onward and upwards!
Hey Charlotte area folks! If you have a student in a middle school in the Charlotte area, there’s a good chance I might be crossing paths with them in late April. Check out the graphic below to see where I’m heading and when. Can’t wait to be in the area and talk books with thousands of students!