Interested in booking me as a guest speaker? Please send all inquiries to email@example.com. I’m located in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC, but I’m available for Skype visits as well
To get a better idea of what I do, check out the information below on the various packages and styles for guest visits. And feel free to read the testimonials from other educators who have hosted me in their classrooms and libraries:
“Scott Reintgen visited our school to speak with students about the process of becoming a writer. His powerful message about finding a career that he loves inspired and engaged all of my students… Because he is a former teacher and because his novel’s audience is young adults, I highly recommend him as a guest speaker…”
– Kim Eckstein, NBCT of English at Apex Friendship High School
“Scott’s recent visit to our school was fantastic! He talked to our students about writing and his new book, Nyxia. He was engaging and encouraging. The students loved it! I will always welcome the opportunity to have Scott visit our school.”
– Heather Munger, Librarian at Apex High School
General Format of Visits:
1. I start with an Introduction. I share a few stories about myself as a writer and how I came to be published.
2. We then move into a Q & A Section. This gives students the opportunity to engage with any questions they have about life as an author, about my book, or about writing in general.
3. Activities. I have a number of activities for students to participate in that range from a “Gardeners vs Architects” Lesson to “Opening Image” to “Writing the Other.” These lessons can be tailored to fit your classes needs.
Note about Materials: I provide all teachers with up to date materials. This typically includes an “Introduction to the Author” Form, a guided worksheet for any activities, etc.
I can do visits in the following formats:
Freshman English Visits (multiple classes report to the library over several class periods)
Individual Class Visits
Skype Class Visits