This past fall, Hurricane Florence devastated Wilmington, NC and the surrounding areas of Eastern NC. I’ve been visiting Wrightsville Beach since I was five. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with several librarians to visit several schools in that area in the past. After Florence came through, we cancelled several upcoming visits, as the schools and libraries got hit pretty hard. A lot of damage to books, shelves, and more.
We want to fix this. So we’re putting out a call– teaming up with Lisa Coley at Trask Middle– to donate books back into this area and give these students hundreds of new reasons to be excited to come back to newly stocked libraries. Here are the requests:
- Please donate new/like new books.
- Please donate young adult and middle grade books only.
- When possible, hardcover books are appreciated.
- Authors with extra copies of their books, please send in!
- If you have some new YA/MG book you’re excited about? I bet some kids would be thrilled by it to! Consider sending their way
Books can be mailed to:
405 Village Loop Drive Apex, NC 27502
Attn: Lisa Coley
Trask Middle School, 2900 N College Rd, Wilmington, NC 28405
ALL BOOKS WILL GO TO KIDS. Trask Middle will process all the incoming gifts and if they get duplicates, they’ll pass them on to other libraries that were similarly damaged. Can’t wait to make a difference for these kids and flood their library with great new books! Thanks for being willing to help us out. If you have questions, ask below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!