It’s been a little while, but I wanted to write a quick update for everyone about the upcoming release of NYXIA UNLEASHED. This book required a lot of work. I’ve written before about the process for this one, and how I had to rewrite about 85% of the book. Thankfully, with the help of my editor, writing friends, and family I was able to take the story in the right direction. I’m honestly so proud of this story and of the final book in the series. I can’t wait for our journey with Emmett to continue on July 17th.
The Goodreads page is currently full of amazing positive reviews for the book, but my favorite words come from recent #1 NY Times Bestselling author of Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi. This is what she had to say about NYXIA UNLEASHED: “A thrilling space adventure with an incredibly diverse cast. I couldn’t put this sequel down!”
A few quick details about launch week and the book for local folks:
- I have an event at the Cary Barnes and Noble on Tuesday, July 17th: Event Info Here
- I have a ticketed event at Quail Ridge on Saturday, July 21st: Event Info Here
- I’ll be in conversation with NY Times bestselling author Nic Stone in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday, July 18th: Event Info Here
- I also have events at three other bookstores in North Carolina! I’ll be at Main Street Books (Davidson, NC) on July 19th, Barnes and Noble Mayfaire (Wilmington) on July 22nd, Bookmarks NC on July 23rd. I’d love to see you out at any of those locations!
- I’m visiting Lufkin Road Middle, East Cary Middle, Holly Grove Middle, Salem Middle, and Pine Hollow Middle. If you have a student at these schools, please know we’re offering a special deal ONLY during launch week for students. They can get book one and book two for just $20. Ask librarians and teachers for more information!
- Book two will be available in e-format, audiobook, and hard cover.
- Nyxia‘s paperback is about to be available! It will be on sale in June.
- A little bird also tells me Nyxia will have an e-sale in July. It will be available for just $2.99
- Book three is scheduled to release next spring. Considering where we are in edits, I’d highly suspect that we’ll finish out the series just a year and a half after it launched!
As always, I would really appreciate your support during launch week. That first week is just such a big deal for me and my publisher. It sets the tone to the rest of the world on expectations for the book and how well received it will be, etc. So if you’re in a position to do so, I’d definitely encourage you to either pre-order NYXIA UNLEASHED or buy it some time during that first week. It really helps so much.
I’m so excited to continue this journey with you! Thanks again to everyone who has read the first book and fallen in love with these characters. Onward and upwards!