It’s as helpful to know what is true as it is to know what isn’t.
1. You’re supposed to look a certain way. (Comparison isn’t just a thief of joy, comparison beats joy to a pulp and leaves it for dead)
2. If you had more time, you’d be doing the thing you love to do. (Passion has a gravitational pull, it can’t be ignored)
3. You deserve what you have. (I’m thankful every day for what I have, but I didn’t do anything to have a mother that read us stories or a father with a steady job. Pretending that I “deserved” the life I came from is the worst of my foolishness)
4. Single-stuf oreos are an alternative for double-stuf oreos. (They’re just not as good)
5. If you don’t check your phone right now, you’ll miss x, y, and z. If you don’t check your phone, you won’t know what’s going on. If you don’t check your phone now, you’ll stay bored. If you don’t check your phone now, you’ll miss your chance to weigh in on an important conversation. If you don’t check your phone now, you’ll… miss out on life… That’s just backwards.
Figure out the lies, write them on firecracker paper, and let ’em burn. Enjoy your day, enjoy the truth, enjoy life.